Congratulations to my client Ceramic Logistics on successfully rebranding to Plexus Freight. It’s never an easy decision to change the name of your business but there was an obvious issue with ‘ceramic’ aligning the company with one specific niche when their service is much broader, so a rebrand was definitely the right course of action.
From an SEO perspective, having ‘Freight’ within the brand name and URL is helpful as we look to pursue keywords containing the term so I would expect this change to impact positively on performance once the new domain is bedded in on Google.
It’s always difficult to predict how Google will react to a change of domain even when all the necessary precautions are taken (301 redirects, Google change of address submission, etc), but the early signs are the transition has been painless.
Fortunately, the site itself wasn’t changing in terms of structure or layout with the existing content simply re-skinned to match the new branding and with the help of my go-to developer, all the necessary tasks were systematically checked off the list.
I’ve been through this process with other clients several times before and this was certainly the most painless of those experiences.
I’m happy to announce Wolverhampton-based DGN Driving as a new client. I’ll be looking after their presence on Google and looking to improve the conversion rate of their website over the next 12 months.
Digital marketing is made a lot easier when you’re working with a great business and it’s clear DGN are one of the best driving schools in the West Midlands, a fact proven by the hundreds of reviews you can read online here.
If you’re looking to book driving lessons in Wolverhampton or anywhere across the West Midlands definitely check out their offers or call them direct on 01902 213213.
On a personal note, I’ve been looking to represent more local businesses in Wolverhampton, Birmingham and the wider Midlands region (with most of my current client base dotted around the country everywhere other than right on my doorstep), so it’s great to have DGN on board.
If you’re a business based in the Midlands and would like to discuss your digital marketing, please do get in touch, as I’d love to help.
At 3pm on Saturday 11th November I’ll be hosting a screening of The Running Man at The Electric in Birmingham. This isn’t quite as random as it sounds I promise.
I’m ‘running’ the London Marathon next year for Whizz Kidz – who provide disabled children with the essential wheelchairs and other mobility equipment they need to lead fun and active childhoods – and this event is a bit of a fundraiser to help me towards my £2k sponsorship goal.
This critically acclaimed 1987 masterpiece artfully speculates what life might be like in 2017, so it’s also a good opportunity to reflect on where humanity has succeeded and failed.
If you can make it, I’d be incredibly grateful. I’m limited (ha) to 75 seats, so on the off-chance I can attract such a large audience, it will be first come first served.
As I’m hosting this privately, I technically can’t ask for a donation in return for a ticket but I’m hoping people will make a donation (roughly the price of a cinema ticket) in return for coming along. The page to donate is:
If you can’t make it but can still donate, that’s equally great and I love you.
If you can attend please:
1. Email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) to confirm you’re coming and how many seats you want me to reserve for your group. Feel free to come along solo as we’re a friendly group.
2. Once I’ve confirmed, make your donation (if you feel like it) using the above link or by going here.
I’ll be sending an email around to everyone who is coming a few days before just to reaffirm everything so nothing is left to chance.
Some added notes…
* PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE If you’re coming, let me know along with precisely how many people you’re bringing (if any). The one situation I want to avoid is someone turning up and not being allowed entry if I’m above capacity.
* It goes without saying but this is an R-Rated Arnie film so there’s a certain degree of violence and bad language. I would hate for anyone to turn up and be offended by the content.
* Following on from the above, obviously not one for the kids.
* If you’re wondering why the screening is at 3pm-5pm, that’s the latest any private cinema will commit to a private booking on a Saturday.
* Food and drink (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) are available at the venue. I’m also hoping a few people will hang around after the film to have some drinks in Birmingham.
* You can view the trailer for the film here:
* For more information about the venue go here – http://www.theelectric.co.uk/
If like many other people you use the excellent Widget Logic to control which URLs your sidebar content displays on, this may come in handy for you.
How do I know this?
I just spent a solid 2 hours looking for it myself!
If you want content to appear on the homepage only the code to enter into the Widget Logic field is:
Everyone knows that though, right?
Well, if you display your latest posts on the homepage and only want a particular widget to display on the front page not paginated versions e.g.
Then the code you need is this:
is_home() && $post==$posts && !is_paged()
Hope that helps someone out!
Ping me a comment if you make good use of it. Always cool to know.